Meet the Canyon
We may be able to run courses on other dates, especially for groups. Please contact us to discuss the options.
- Introduction (What is canyoning?)
- Abseiling techniques + tie offs
- Use of safety lines
- Pack management
- White water theory
- Moving through the canyon (walking,jumping, sliding, abseiling and down climbing)
Duration: 2 days
Location: Motueka, South Island, New Zealand
Transport: Road transport included, additional cost for water taxi rides if needed
Accommodation: Not included. Please contact us before arranging your accommodation so we can advise you on a practical location
Meals: Not included. We can arrange lunch, snacks and drinks along the way for $15 per day
- Moderate level of fitness
- Moderate – good swimming ability
- Keen to try something new!
- Outdoor clothing
- Headlamp + spare batteries
- Canyoning wetsuit (minimum 4mm)
- Neoprene socks
- Sturdy footwear
- Helmet (white water or rock)
- Harness with PVC bumpad
- Canyon pack
Note: Technical gear is available for hire, you can select the items upon your booking. You are most welcome to bring your own equipment.
This course runs with 4 to 8 participants and with 1 or 2 instructors. The content may vary slightly depending on the participants and weather conditions. We aim to descend at least one canyon, wet or dry.